Adventures in Mommyhood

How I learned to stop worrying and enjoy life.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Showered!





Week 31 has been quite eventful. I enjoyed my first baby shower 1/31 with family and family friends. The biggest surprise of all was not any of the lovely gifts, it was the arrival of my mother. I found out the day before that she made arrangements to come down. I am always sad that she lives so far away, so this felt like she was closer to home.

Unfortunately, I only grew more sick this week. It was a little funny to me that we were celebrating me becoming a Mommy and mine was having to play the role for me. I tried to pick the pictures where I appeared less green. It has been very stressful trying to take care of myself and take medicines that are safe for my baby. I think I spent a lot of time pleading with God to get me through.

Thank you to everyone who attended the shower and brought such thoughtful gifts for our little girl.

3 Comments:

At February 3, 2009 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy 31 weeks!!!! beki

 
At February 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Sorry we haven't gotten back with you this week, seems like time has just been flying by lately! We'd love to have you guys over, maybe eat dinner or something on a Friday or Saturday night. Any weekend look good for you?

 
At September 30, 2013 at 2:56 AM , Anonymous Laboraide lover said...

Did anybody get you a Laboraide? My husband got one for me it was amazing! helped me with the labor pains!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home