Adventures in Mommyhood

How I learned to stop worrying and enjoy life.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Six months down, four to go.


Here it is- 24 weeks. Can you believe that I have come this far, but still have 4 months to go? Who says pregnancy is nine months- the math clearly indicates- 40 weeks=10 months!

God bless those surrounded me! I am riddled with anxiety about maximizing my time with my newborn. (Yes, I know this is months away at this point- I did not claim to be rational!) First of all, please pray, even when I am uncomfortable and close to due, that Claire stays in all forty weeks! I don't want to go back to work until next August! Her due date is right on that borderline. I am also praying for no inclement weather days that would have to be made up in the spring! I guess I just want as much time at home with her as possible and to be able to nurse. Not too much to ask, right? Of course, I know full well that I am being the typical Lindsay, where I worry about things I can do nothing about. Claire could come as early as the second week of March and still be full term. (Claire and I have already had a pep talk about her not coming early, but she is my child- so God only knows!) The doctor said she measures right on with her due date, luckily- for whatever it is worth.

Speaking of the doctor, he said she is measuring just right and growing. He also said that I am doing a great job of not putting on excess weight. At my last appointment, her heart rate was 137- about 10 bpm less than last time, but apparently fluctuation is normal.

Yeah, so if you do feel like praying- I would greatly appreciate prayers that I can have (without costing a ridiculous amount of money), my full leave in the spring, that Claire is healthy and continues to thrive, and that my emotional stability increases from zero to any number above zero! (must start somewhere!) Also, I think we are all praying to have milder weather than what is predicted!

Thank you all for reading and your support. I'd love comments, if you have time to leave them. They really do bring me joy. Can't wait to update you with more pics and things more joyful than my worry!

Love,
Lindsay

4 Comments:

At December 15, 2008 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Ms. Inquisitive said...

Lindsay, you are absolutely glowing in your latest picture. It is so wonderful to hear that you and Claire are both so healthy. I've kept you in my prayers since I found out about Claire and will continue to pray for you and your growing family. I wish I could give you some advice about your concerns, but I've not been pregnant so I am no expert. I do know that God takes care of us in the way we need him too, and I trust that he will carry you through this.

 
At December 16, 2008 at 5:37 PM , Blogger MR said...

Six plus four? You goin' for ten?

 
At December 21, 2008 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Missy Rose said...

stop freaking out. you're adorable. all your worries are valid and get to us all. you know to come to me for doula recommendations right?! i'm prayin' for the full maternity leave for you love! and thank you for your kind and loverly comments. you are so so sweet and encouraging!

 
At December 21, 2008 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Missy Rose said...

and yes, pregnancy is 10 mos, that feel like 10 thousand.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home