Adventures in Mommyhood

How I learned to stop worrying and enjoy life.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Twenty weeks...halfway there!

We have officially reached the halfway point! At my last doctor visit, I was told that she is growing and thriving right on target with her April 3 due date. She is growing, but I am not, I am still down 5 pounds! As long as she is getting bigger, I have the weight to spare. I feel just fine, with the exception of extreme fatigue from time to time. I fell asleep during the school musical the other day! I haven't done anything like that since I had mono in high school! I can feel some fluttering- I think it is her moving around. It is just so light that it is easy to dismiss as wishful thinking. I keep hoping to feel stronger movement. I know she moves quite a bit- the sonographer couldn't get her to stay still!

She does not have a name yet. We are still working that out slowly. It is amazing how your tastes change when you will attach a name to an actual human life! We just don't want anything too trendy / popular or too made up sounding. If you have suggestions- please feel free to leave them in a comment. Several of the suggestions we have received so far have given us much food for thought and have been greatly appreciated!

My Mom, Mother-in-law, aunt and I are planning to team up and create nursery bedding together! What a blessing to have a team of talented and creative women that are excited to help with this project. It will, in the end, create a classic heirloom or maybe become a tradition for us! So far, I am leaning toward this:

http://www.cottontaledesigns.com/catalog/Enlarged-bedding/French-Cuffs.html

as the inspiration for the bedding. Mostly, I just like the fabrics. I would include pops of either plum or red in accents. Sometimes I lean toward doing something with more purple though, so we will see what inspires me when we get to the fabric shop! The room is already painted a soft yellow, much the same color as my nursery as a baby. I may get a wild hair and paint an accent wall or something, but all in all, I really like the color (I did pick it out and everything looks glowy and pretty in front of it!) Yes, I have heard the thing about fussy babies in yellow rooms, but think it make be about as accurate as using the heartbeat to predict baby gender.
Hopefully ; )

Will post more as I know more! Feel free to leave comments! I love hearing what everyone is thinking!

Much love,
Linds

3 Comments:

At November 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best way I could describe how the first movements feel is holding a bag full of goldfish. You feel little bumps and ticks. I can't wait to feel that again!!

 
At November 20, 2008 at 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

abigail leann ross

 
At November 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM , Blogger MR said...

Our dog's name is Abbey, dude. Not gonna happen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home