Adventures in Mommyhood

How I learned to stop worrying and enjoy life.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Strollers and car seats and appointments, oh my!

My apologies for being slow to post. The following info is from last weekend.

Last Saturday, Michael got a wild hair and wanted to go to the store to look at stroller / car seat combos. I had already spent more time than I care to admit studying ratings and parent rating, so it was already narrowed to Chicco and Britax. A car seat is just not a place where I felt comfortable settling for anything less than the safest and best. After spending time with both, Michael decided he liked the Chicco better. I also liked it, so that was our purchase and then we were on our way.

After our adventure to buy the stroller / car seat combo, Michael informed me that he needed an "instruction manual for this thing- so he'll know what to do". We journeyed on to Border's where he found a book of basics for Dads and a book- not kidding- labeled as an instruction manual. It goes to to tell expectant Dads what a baby comes "pre-programmed" with and has stick people illustrations demonstrating the correct and incorrect way to do certain things (he learned to avoid picking a baby up directly by it's head).

By the way, if you'd like to watch Michael play with the stroller / car seat combo, c'mon over, I am certain that he would be glad to demo. After a bit, he almost seemed like a kid with a giant toy...

Buying the combo was fine, but I really want to figure out how we can put up a fence of sorts- I really don't want us out walking the dog in the morning with a baby needing our attention. For some funding- not nearly enough, but a start- I think we are going to do the neighborhood garage sale (I have been in a real purge and anti-junk sort of mood) and put a few things up on ebay. Out with the old- in with enough room for the baby : )

The following is a post from Michael:

We bought a stroller/carrier system last week. Check this business out:

The car seat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4c7CYMBoE

The stroller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=291tlp_90Ww

What the stroller video doesn't show is that the car seat mounts on the stroller, combining their powers like some kickass baby Voltron or something. I don't know where we can mount a boomin' system, but I'll keep you posted.

If you were wondering about the baby literature we acquired:

The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance


It is written like instructions for your stereo or something! No joke! It talks about what a baby comes "pre-programmed with", what will cause "malfunction", and diapers are described as needing "installation". It is quite humorous. I am reading it too and can say- it is helpful.

Things to look forward to this week:
* continued reduction in nausea
* hearing baby's heartbeat on Thursday the 9th!
* finding out when our gender / ultrasound appointment will be! I should find out on Thursday!

Much Love,
Lindsay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home