Adventures in Mommyhood

How I learned to stop worrying and enjoy life.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Third

This is Mindy and Isaac at 36 weeks and me and Claire at 28 weeks. We are at Mindy's baby shower.
This is a picture of me on my first birthday- now see the picture below.
This is the table and chair set I had as a little girl. In the picture above, I am sitting in one of the chairs. Here is the set, in Claire's room, newly refinished and ready for her!
It may be a little washed out by the flash, but this old painting is me at about age 3! My mom and dad were friends with an artist in Enid and she painted this. It was actually in a few art shows!

Here we are, staring down the barrel of 29 weeks! This is officially the third trimester. I am really looking forward to seeing and holding her. Of course, I am completely anxiety ridden. I am blessed to have 5 months with her (my leave will run into summer break). However, I am NOT looking forward to the task of finding an appropriate place for Claire when I have to return to work in the fall. I just keep praying for a miracle. I don't want to leave my baby!

Michael and I will start birthing classes in February. I am hoping they will be helpful. I am very much leaning toward an epidural. I always figured I would. However, I am really trying to look into what is best. My priority is what will leave me in the best position to hold and bond with my baby as soon as I can. I want to feel good and lucid. Hopefully, these things can occur at the same time!

I have been blessed with 3 lovely baby showers. The first will be a family shower, January 31, given by my aunt and cousin. The second will be a church shower, given February 22. The third will be a high school, college, and new friends shower, given by college friends on March 7. I look forward to each and am incredibly grateful for all the people so anxious to celebrate Claire's life with us.

I think I am moving around pretty well for being full of belly and I am trying to do quite a few nesting activities now. My understanding is that I will be ready to slow down that last month and I want as little to worry about then as possible.

I definitely welcome advice about the content of this blog and any other things you think I should know. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the love, support, and prayers of our friends and family.

Love,
Linds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home