Summer is finally here! It is my favorite time of year, by far! I feel like there is so much I want to do and by the time I accomplish any of it, we will be counting down to fall again!
Yes, you read that right. Teachers totally work during the summer! We just have the option of doing it poolside- jealous?
1) Complete my research presentation and supplemental materials. I want better papers and think that the kids may step it up a notch if I do it first. I also want to redo my rubric. I was unhappy with it this year.
2) Spend a couple of days at school cleaning out my cabinet / organizing my materials. I am tired of being a scatterbrain! I am sure my kids will love this goal.
3) Go through school materials in my garage and closet. See if any need to be simply purged or can they be used?
4) Outline my year, highlighting units. My idea is go by quarters 1- vocab emphasis, 2- Greek / Latin root emphasis, 3- spelling emphasis, 4- commonly confused words emphasis. Yes, we will hit these things all year round and grammar everyday, but I will do focus units during these quarters.
1) Stain kitchen cabinet (pain in the rear, but needed maintenance.)
2) paint and patch living room ceiling. (would like to get this done, but fearful it may wait)
3) Clean out garage!
1) Sew neat things. (clothing may be on the agenda- as well as home decor!)
2) Spend time poolside.
3) Read some classic literature I have missed.
4) Put the jogging stroller to good use, maybe learn to actually jog!
1) Spend LOTS of extra time with my gorgeous baby girl! Love her.
What are your goals? I am interested in knowing!