Adventures in Mommyhood

How I learned to stop worrying and enjoy life.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Real.





Today, I was lucky enough to finally visit with my friend, Mindy. Mindy's son, Isaac, is 2 months older than Miss Claire, and Mindy is a phenomenal mom. I was eager to visit with her, hoping it would rub off on me. Luckily, when I talked to Mindy, she assured me that so much of what I have experienced and tried was common. What a lovely revelation, to be respected and encouraged by someone you respect. Yes, it is true that I am too critical of myself. A perfectionist even. Today, I just thought to myself, I am a real mom. In this blog, I am not putting on any pretentious heirs. I will never claim that my child does things perfectly or that I know exactly what I am doing. Perhaps some moms feel the need to perpetuate an image, but I prefer to take the human approach. Being a mother is the hardest job, though worth it, and I am doing a beautifully flawed job. That is the best I could ask for, truly.

Claire and Isaac had a great time together- I am not just saying that. Claire and Isaac, aged 3 months and 5 months, actually cooed, smiled, looked at, engaged, laughed, and studied each other! It was the first time I ever saw my sweet girl interact with another baby. I couldn't believe the joy! I wish I had it on video!

Thank you for the beautiful visit, Mindy! Doesn't it seem amazing that 6 years ago we were getting together in the dorms and I was bring delicious ice cream, in our typical fashion? Today, I think I definitely brought a sweeter treat! How wonderful that our children were able to meet! Hope we see you again soon!

Love,
Lindsay and Claire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home